The online conference will take place at the following link: https://zoom.us/j/93257055033
The Faculty of European Studies is holding the first edition of the international conference International Relations and Area Studies on December 4th-5th, 2020. This year’s edition focuses on the Western Balkan region and entails a virtual participation.
The international conference International Relations and Area Studies: Focus on Western Balkans aims to bring together experts, professors and researchers preoccupied with the Western Balkans. The conference is meant to be a platform for multi-disciplinary approaches to the politics, history, and society in the Western Balkan countries. The topics of the conference include (but are not limited to):
- EU and the integration of the Western Balkans
- Europeanization in the Western Balkans: challenges and trends
- Post-communist developments in the Western Balkans (politics, society, economy)
- Anthropological and sociological approaches to (Western) Balkan identity
- The role of ethnicity in post-war Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia
- Populism and nationalism in the Western Balkan countries
The international conference International Relations and Area Studies: Focus on Western Balkans will be organized online. The virtual participation will take place on the Zoom platform and will be finalized with the issuing of a certificate of attendance.
Conference languages: English, French and Italian.
There are no fees involved in the virtual participation.
Presented papers will be published in a post-conference volume.
- November 1st, 2020 – submission of title and abstract
- November 16th, 2020 – notice of acceptance
- March 1st, 2021 – submission of final paper
All abstracts should be submitted to both e-mail addresses below by November 1st, 2020:
- Assoc. Prof. Laura Herța
- Assoc. Prof. Adrian Corpădean
- Assoc. Prof. Anca Stângaciu
- Assist. Prof. Radu Albu-Comanescu
- Assist. Prof. Raluca Moldovan
- Assist. Prof. Ana Pantea
- Assist. Prof. Delia Pop-Flanja
- Assist. Prof. Mihaela Oprescu
- Ph.D student Gianina Joldescu