The Centre for the Study of the European Union’s External Relations and Global Order (EUXGLOB Centre) works within the framework of the Faculty of European Studies. Its main objective is to manage the organisation of the EUXGLOB annual international conference.
Its specific tasks include:
- Formulating the topic, concept and format of the EUXGLOB conferences;
- Proposing the dates for each EUXGLOB edition;
- Deciding on the keynote speakers;
- Sending invitations to the envisaged participants;
- Obtaining the necessary financing for organising the conference;
- Drafting the conference programme;
- Coordinating specific aspects of the organisational process (logistics, IT, accommodation, meals etc.);
- Promoting the conference;
- Carrying out additional scientific research in international relations on topics connected to the EUXGLOB conference format;
- Identifying thematically-related national and international partners and participating in similar networks;
- Editing the volume containing the conference proceedings of each EUXGLOB edition.
- A larger organisational committee will be formed in the period preceding the date of the EUXGLOB conference, including PhD students, students, volunteers etc.
The team of the EUXGLOB Centre:
- Professor Valentin Naumescu – Director
- Associate professor Adrian Gabriel Corpădean – Consultant
- Professor Sergiu Mișcoiu – Scientific director
- Associate professor Raluca Moldovan – Executive director
- PhD Researcher Oana Poiană – Senior Project Adviser
- PhD student Diana Petruț – Executive assistant
- PhD student Tana Foarfă – Associate researcher
- PhD student Andrei-Ștefan Enghiș – Associate researcher
CALL FOR PAPERS: EUXGLOB II, May 5th-6th, 2022
THE EU AND NATO APPROACHES TO THE BLACK SEA REGION
The first edition of the international conference EUXGLOB was a successful event, providing us with generous opportunities for substantial and fruitful debates on the topic of the renewed transatlantic relations and the perspectives of the global order. The proceedings have just been published by Cluj University Press. You can find out more details about the first edition of EUXGLOB at https://euro.ubbcluj.ro/centrul-euxglob/
It is now time for the Faculty of European Studies and the EUXGLOB Centre to launch the Call for Papers for the second edition of EUXGLOB. Next year’s topic will be THE EU AND NATO APPROACHES TO THE BLACK SEA REGION. The conference will take place on May 5th -6th, 2022.
Due to the unclear dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic in Romania and in Europe, for the moment we are launching the conference as an online event. However, depending on the evolution of the pandemic, it is possible to switch to a hybrid event in the next few months.
The announcement regarding a hybrid format and the conditions for on-site participation will be published no later than February 15th, 2022.
Under these circumstances, we would like to invite you to submit a proposal for a presentation, including a title and an abstract of 100-150 words.
The subtopics of EUXGLOB 2022 are:
- Security in the Black Sea region amid the great powers’ competition.
- Economy, energy and regional cooperation projects in the Black Sea region.
- Societies and cultural identities in the Black Sea region.
Acceptance e-mails will be sent in two waves, as follows:
- For applications received until February 15th, 2022, by February 20th, 2022.
- For applications received between March 15the -March 30th, 2022, by April 5th, 2022
We look forward to seeing you at the second edition of EUXGLOB in May 2022!
The Scientific Committee of the EUXGLOB international conference
- Professor Valentin Naumescu, Director of the EUXGLOB Centre, Babeș-Bolyai University
- Professor Sergiu Mișcoiu, Babeș-Bolyai University – Scientific director
- Professor Sebastian Santander, University of Liege
- Associate Professor Corneliu Bjola, University of Oxford
- Associate Professor Adrian Gabriel Corpădean, Babeș-Bolyai University
- Associate Professor Raluca Moldovan, Babeș-Bolyai University
„The proceedings of EUXGLOB I of April 15, 2021, have been published at Cluj University Press (October 2021). Please see at EUXGLOB-Publications. The volume is published OPEN ACCESS, with the support of the European Commission Representative Office in Bucharest.” 14/10/2021
- We had an awesome start of the EUXGLOB conferences! The proceedings of the EUXGLOB 2021 will be published in the autumn of 2021 with Cluj University Press, with the support of the Representation of the European Commission in Bucharest. 25/05/2021
Centrul pentru Studiul Relațiilor Externe ale UE și Ordinii Globale (EUXGLOB) și Inițiativa pentru Cultură Democratică Europeană (ICDE) organizează în data de 10 februarie 2022, de la ora 10:00, dezbaterea online POLITICA EUROPEANĂ ȘI GLOBALĂ ÎN 2022: TEME PRIORITARE, ALEGERI ȘI TENDINȚE.
Participanții vor discuta pe marginea unor teme de actualitate ale agendei internaționale, precum:
• Suveranitatea europeană și adoptarea Busolei Strategice
• Priorități ale președinției franceze a Consiliului Uniunii Europene
• Alegerile din Franța și Ungaria
• Alegerile mid-term din SUA
• Negocierile dosarului nuclear iranian
• Conflictul Israel-Iran
• Energia în contextul pachetului Fit for 55
• China în comerțul internațional
• Competiția pentru supremația gobală SUA-China
• Summit-ul NATO de la Madrid și noul concept strategic al Alianței
• Complementaritatea NATO-UE
• Amenințări hibride în context european: puncte de aliniere și divergență între Rusia și China
Evenimentul va fi transmis live pe pagina de Facebook EUXGLOB: https://www.facebook.com/EUXGLOB
Studenții Facultății de Studii Europene sunt invitați să participe activ în cadrul dezbaterii accesând:
Meeting ID: 937 2826 7306