The Faculty of European Studies – Babeș-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca, the Centre for Academic Success/Centre de Réussite Universitaire – BBU and Ege University – Izmir, have the pleasure of announcing the organization of the 3rd edition of the international conference Crisis Communication and Conflict Resolution, which will be held on May 11th-12th, 2023.
In crisis situations, good communication and conflict resolution strategies are important aspects that cannot be disregarded. In order to address these challenges, this international conference aims to support the academics, researchers and PhD students by offering them an opportunity to present their latest research results in the fields of:
- Crisis and Risk Communication
- Discourse Analysis
- Conflict Transformation and Resolution
- The United Nations and Conflict Resolution,
- The European Union and Conflict Resolution
- Dealing with Ethnic and Religious Conflicts
- Political Communication
- Institutional and Corporate Communication
- Environmental Communication
- Mass-media Communication
- Education and Learning
- Internal Conflicts and Responsibility to Protect (R2P)
- Mediation in International Conflicts
- Crisis in Climate Politics
Keynote speaker: Florian Meissner
Photo Copyright – Macromedia University of Applied Sciences.
Florian Meissner is Professor for Media Management and Journalism at Macromedia University of Applied Sciences in Cologne (Germany). He currently chairs ECREA’s Crisis Communication Section and is Principal Investigator at „DigiFit”, a collaborative research project aimed at analyzing and improving risk communication in the context of cyber security. Further research interests and activities include media reporting of large-scale crises and disasters, political communication, as well as corporate communication, in particular in risk and crisis contexts.
Keynote speaker: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Altuğ Günal – Ege University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Altuğ Günal; received his BA and MA in International Relations from Ege University and his PhD in European Studies from Dokuz Eylül University (2011). He completed part of his Ph.D. lectures and doctoral dissertation at the University of Exeter. He continued his post-doctoral studies at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Aalborg University, University of Zagreb and University of Oxford. Currently, he is working as a lecturer and vice head of department at the International Relations Department. He also teaches at the Turkish Air Force Command and is history consultant for the Cyprus Peace Operation Museum at the Foça Amphibious Marine Infantry Brigade. His priority work and writing issues covers; Peace Operations, Humanitarian Interventions, Responsibility to Protect, Conflict Resolution, Cyprus Problem, the Balkans, the European Union.
The 2023 edition will be held in a hybrid format, both on-site and via virtual participation and no participation fees are required. Accepted papers will be published in a post-conference volume (e-book with ISBN).
Supporting journals: Synergies Roumanie; Studia Europaea UBB
Conference languages: English and French
- April 10th, 2023 – deadline for submission of title and abstract
- April 14th, 2023 – notice of acceptance
- October 2023 – deadline for submission of final paper
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Delia Pop-Flanja – UBB
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Laura-Maria Herța- UBB
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Adrian-Gabriel Corpădean- UBB
- Dr. Zeynep Selin Balcı – Ege University
- Prof. Dr. Sergiu Mișcoiu- UBB
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Paula Mureșan- UBB
- Lect. Dr. Elena Grad-Rusu- UBB
- Lect. Dr. Roxana-Maria Nistor – UBB
- Assist. Dr. Ramona Alexandra Neagoș – UBB
- Secretary: Drd. Gianina Joldescu – UBB