- Transference of EU Integration Model from East-Central Europe to the Western Balkans (TEAM-WB/ – PN-III-P4-ID-PCE-2020-0608). A research project implemented between January 2021 and January 2024 by a team from the Faculty of European Studies (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Adrian Corpădean, project manager, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Laura Herța, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Paula Mureșan, Lect. Dr. Mihaela Oprescu, Lect. Dr. Delia Pop-Flanja, Lect. Dr. Elena Grad-Rusu, Ph.D student Diana Gligor).
- Quality and interdisciplinarity in the practice of UBB students in the area of cultural management (CIP, POCU/626/6/13/132253), aiming to facilitate the transition from education to work for 324 students of Babeș-Bolyai University, from the Faculty of European Studies, the Faculty of Orthodox Theology and the Faculty of Theatre and Film, by implementing an innovative learning program at a potential job in the field of cultural management. Website: euro.ubbcluj.ro/cip/ (2020-2022).
- Remain in Education! Rise and Opt for Studies about Europe! (RED ROSE)is a three-year project implemented by the Faculty of European Studies and funded by the Romanian Ministry of Education with support from the World Bank.
Objective: to enable 150 high school students to make the right choice of university education, based on their abilities and preferences, so as to facilitate their access to the labour market.
How? Every year, 50 eligible students attend an interactive 16-day summer school at the Faculty of European Studies, which includes teambuilding games, vocational counseling, creativity workshops, courses, sporting and recreational activities. All expenses are covered by the project.
Contact: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Adrian Corpădean, Project Manager & Dr. Nicoleta Chicinaș, Assistant Manager.
- PROSEis a two-year project implemented by the Faculty of European Studies and funded by the Romanian Ministry of Education with support from the World Bank.
Objective: to fight against the ever challenging university dropout phenomenon, by enabling 120 of our first-year students to enhance their academic performance and integrate into the labour market.
How? Every year, 60 eligible students undergo an innovative academic integration programme, which includes professional counseling, extra courses in key areas of our curriculum (international relations, European studies, economics, law and communication), coaching and professional development, as well as workshops in our partner companies. All expenses are covered by the project.
Contact: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Adrian Corpădean, Project Manager & Dr. Nicoleta Chicinaș, Assistant Manager
- Erasmus + The Faculty of European Studies has been conducting projects funded by the European Union since its establishment. Among the most recent endeavours that our students have benefitted from, in areas covering the convergence between education and active life, cooperation with the business and public environment, academic networking and curriculum development, one should note:
- DYCLAM+is an original European university training programme under the ERASMUS+ label (2019-2024), offering academic education at Jean Monnet University of Saint-Etienne (France, 1st semester), Polytechnic Institute of Tomar (Portugal, 2nd semester), Babeș-Bolyai University (Romania, 3rd semester) and University of Naples Federico II (Italy, 4th semester and delocalized courses) and at numerous other partner universities. The project is implemented within our Cultural Diplomacy and International Relations Master’s Programme and enables students to apply for a quadruple-degree course with a focus on the European and global patrimony. It is sponsored by the European Commission.
- The Erasmus Mundus MITRAprogramme was launched in 2012 and is called “intercultural mediation: identities, mobilities and conflicts”. It intends to respond to the rising social challenges besetting the European societies which have been particularly affected by the “migratory crisis” and its consequences. This crisis has exacerbated political tensions at both national and international levels due to diverging approaches to migration issues. This challenge, a by-product of globalisation processes cutting across European borders, reveals deep-rooted, underlying tensions in today’s societies. MITRA teaching staff have acknowledged this changing context and allowed for more focus on migration to be brought into this project. The MITRA Master’s programme is an Erasmus Joint Master Degree (EJMD), co-funded by the European Agency (EACEA), since 2012
(2012-2018) and again since 2019 (2019-2024).
- The “LISBOAN” Project, part of the EU’s Lifelong Learning Programme (2010-2013), in collaboration with the University of Cologne.
- Frontières en mouvement : quels modèles pour l’UE? 611115-EPP-1-2019-1-FREPPJMO-NETWORK http://centre-jean-monnet.unistra.fr/the-project/. (2019-2022).
- DEMETRA – Development of a Methodological Training for Company Instructors Providing Work-Based Trainings in the Plastics and Related Industrial Sectors, funded by the European Commission (2017-2020).
- La justice coutumière des Roms en Roumanie funded by the University of Ottawa, project manager : Dr. Ghislain Otis, University of Ottawa, co-manager : Dr. Habil. Sergiu Mișcoiu, Babeș-Bolyai University (2016-present).
- Projet Patrimoine Européen pour un Avenir Culturel Ensemble(2016-1- FR01-KA203-023868), ProPEACE, http://www.propeace.eu/ (2016-2019).
- INNOME– Training for Innovation Management System – ERASMUS+.
The project’s aim is to facilitate the spread and use of the innovation management standard among small and medium companies, to promote its efficient implementation within their company management system (2015-2017).
- La réparation du dommage écologique dans l’espace francophone : cas du Bénin, de la Roumanie, du Sénégal et du Togo, financed by: AUF-AO (2012-2014).
- Nouvelles figures de l’Etat de droit, legitimation du pouvoir et du droit par le dialogue des cultures juridiques, financed by AUF/North America (2012-2014).
- L’Observatoire politique des Balkans. financed by AUF-BECO (2012-2013).
- The curriculum development grant for the Master’s Programme “Evaluation of Regional Development”, sponsored by the European Social Fund (2011-2013).
- The spatialisation and racialisation of social exclusion. The social and cultural formation of “Gipsy ghettos” in a European context, financed by IDEI Exploratory Research Projects (2011-2014).
- Liberal Parties in Central and Eastern Europe after 1989, financed by ELDR-Party (2011-2012).
- Political Myths in Post-Communist Romania, financed by CNCS – TE (National Research Council – Junior Teams) (2010-2013).
- The Internship Programme in Project Management “Jacques Delors– Fundament of the Transition from the Educational System to Active Life”, sponsored by the European Social Fund (2009-2011).
- Populism and Neo-Populism in Central and Eastern Europe, financed by the National Research Council – “Ideas” Programme) (2009-2011).
- Ethnic differences in education and diverging prospects for urban youth in an enlarged Europe. Funding: Framework Programme 7 (FP7), EDUMIGROM, Budapest: Central European University, Center for Policy Studies (2008-2011).