BA application for the 2021 admission
All BA applications for the Faculty of European Studies shall be conducted online on the admission platform.
THE PLATFORM IS ACCESSIBLE HERE. It will function as of 1 July 2021.
Considering the current circumstances and potential changes that may occur, we advise applicants to regularly check the faculty’s website for updated information!
The applicant shall upload the application file onto the admission platform.
The required scanned documents in PDF format are:
- Application form (signed), generated automatically by the platform;
- Baccalaureate diploma and transcript of records (for diplomas accompanied by a transcript of records), or equivalent;
- CNRED certificate for the equivalence of the Baccalaureate diploma and grades in the Romanian grading system for Romanian and EU/EEA citizens or Swiss Confederation citizens who have completed their high school studies abroad;
- Birth certificate;
- ID card;
- Medical certificate;
- Letter of application – pass/fail (for details see the Selection Criteria section);
- Scanned copies of the degrees that certify the grant of prizes during high school (1st, 2nd, 3rdprize or mention) at international school Olympiads recognized by the respective Ministry, or 1st prize / gold medal, 2nd, 3rd prize at national school Olympiads, as well as 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize at national or country groups contests, recognized by the Ministry of Education for the following disciplines: Economics, History, Mathematics, Psychology, Logic, Philosophy, Computer Science, Geography, Philology (including but not limited to Romanian language and literature, foreign languages), Culture and Civilization, History of the Holocaust;
- Document certifying the student/graduate capacity of the applicant and the academic years for funding regime (for applicants enrolled on or holding a second BA degree);
- Proof of payment of admission fees (registration and processing fees);
* Proof of payment of admission processing fee (50 RON) for each programme the applicant chooses); * Proof of payment of application fee (150 RON); * Documents certifying application / processing fee discounts or exemption;
- Applicants opting for places reserved for Roma shall submit a signed recommendation letter
issued by a legal Roma organization certifying their ethnicity;
- Other documents requested by the faculty’s admission
All documents shall be uploaded onto the admission platform in scanned format (PDF). Exception: ¾ cm photographs which are to be submitted in physical format at the beginning of academic activity.
The application is valid if the applicant’s file is complete; on the last application day, only files sent before the deadline will be accepted and processed.
By signing the application form, applicants consent to bearing full responsibility for the authenticity and conformity of digital/scanned documents and their originals that are to be attached to their file.
Applicants consent to the processing of their personal data by checking the respective box on the platform.
Original documents in the application file (which were uploaded onto the platform in a scanned format) shall be submitted in physical format in an envelope by the beginning of the 2021/2022 academic year. For applicants admitted and confirmed for subsidized places, the faculty shall keep their original Baccalaureate Diploma and transcript of records for the entire duration of studies in a subsidized regime.
For applicants admitted for non-subsidized places, the Baccalaureate Diploma and transcript of records can be returned after being submitted in physical format at the faculty. Their copies will be kept in the students’ files, certified by the representatives of the faculty. The Baccalaureate Diploma and transcript of records can be submitted in certified legal copies, in which case the originals are not mandatory.
For the equivalence of grades obtained abroad (exception: grades obtained in Moldova), please contact the Babeș-Bolyai University: Secretariat KOZMA KIS Elisabeta EditaPhone no.: +40- 0264-405300, ext. 5105; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Romanian and EU/EEA citizens or Swiss Confederation citizens who have completed their high school education abroad and have not received the CNRED certificate of Baccalaureate diploma equivalence can request assistance from the admission team at email@example.com.
The application process for the admission shall be organized by the faculty’s Admission Commission.
The process consists of the following steps:
- Online registration/application and upload of the file containing the required documents onto the UBB admission platform;
- Downloading the file and checking the documents by the admission team of INCOMPLETE FILES SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED!
- Assessment of motivation letters and communication of results to applicants for programmes of study in Romanian;
- Presentation of motivation letters by applicants for programmes of study in foreign languages (interview). The admission team shall e-mail them the link for the interview and the time it will take The result of the assessment of the motivation letter shall be communicated on the spot;
- Processing of application in the admission database of
- Communication by e-mail of the programme the applicant was enrolled on and the number of the exam form by which he/she would identify him/herself on the list of admission
Applicants are fully responsible for uploading/sending the correct documents in the application file.