Erasmus + and structural funds
The Faculty of European Studies has been conducting projects funded by the European Union since its establishment. Among the most recent endeavours that our students have benefitted from, in areas covering the convergence between education and active life, cooperation with the business and public environment, academic networking and curriculum development, one should note:
- The Internship Programme in Project Management “Jacques Delors – Fundament of the Transition from the Educational System to Active Life” (2009-2011), sponsored by the European Social Fund
- The “LISBOAN” Project, part of the EU’s Lifelong Learning Programme (2010-2013), in collaboration with the University of Cologne
- The curriculum development grant for the Master’s Programme “Evaluation of Regional Development” (2011-2013), sponsored by the European Social Fund
- The Internship Programme “CLAUDIOPOLIS – the city of youth. Practice programme for pupils and students in the area of social sciences” (2014-2015), sponsored by the European Social Fund
- The Erasmus Mundus MITRA programme was launched in 2012 and is called “intercultural mediation: identities, mobilities, and conflicts”. It intends to respond to the rising social challenges besetting the European societies which have been particularly affected by the “migratory crisis” and its consequences. This crisis has exacerbated political tensions at both national and international levels due to diverging approaches to migration issues. This challenge, a by-product of globalisation processes cutting across European borders, reveals deep-rooted, underlying tensions in today’s societies. MITRA teaching staff have acknowledged this changing context and allowed for more focus on migration to be brought into this project. The MITRA Master’s programme is an Erasmus Joint Master Degree (EJMD), co-funded by the European Agency (EACEA), since 2012 (2012-2018) and again since 2019 (2019-2024).
- DYCLAM+ est un programme européen de formation universitaire original et unique labélisé ERASMUS + (2019-2024) proposant aux étudiants un parcours pédagogique à l’Université Jean Monnet (France, semestre 1), à l’Institut Polytechnique de Tomar (Portugal, semestre 2), à l’Université Babes Bolyai (Roumanie, semestre 3), à l’Université Federico II de Naples (Italie, semestre 4 et cours délocalisés) et de nombreux partenaires associés.
- Rămâi în EDucație! Reușește și Orientează-te către Studiile Europene! – RED ROSE – project funded by the World Bank (2019-2022) aiming to organise summer schools for underprivileged high school students at the Faculty of European Studies, so as to assist them in choosing a suitable BA
- Continuă studiile, integrează-te! Program Remedial organizat la Studii Europene – PROSE – project funded by the World Bank (2019-2022), for the purpose of reducing university dropout rates, through an innovative teaching and internship programme for the first-year students of the Faculty of European Studies